Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Maiden Voyage






Oh we have to name it..the tent that is, hmmm it needs a good name.

We went camping this weekend. Celebrated our sons birthday and to our surprise it was also the BIRTH DAY of our neighbors oldest son. CONGRATULATIONS!! another baby in the neighborhood. OK..back to what this is all about. We took our tent, the puppy and ourselves camping to Gulpha Gorge in Hot Springs National Park. We met our son, wife and child there. Had a lovely time but happy to be home in the Air Conditioning. The maiden voyage of our VIKING tent was WONDERFUL! huge, cooler than outside. I loved it, slept well. I think I am going to like this tent. No harder to put up than a commercial tent and no harder taking down but it does take a bit more room in the truck. Very happy with it. Needs a few more tweaks, including a netting for over the bed. Fionna says give me back my house, couch, TV, and AC...lol. It will be a good tent for events.

Enjoy the pictures.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

that is so cool! Tell me why the canvas floor and how does it attach to the walls? Just curious.

We have a lead on some canvas to make our little tent too. Now I just have to convince hubby to agree to make it! lol

hugs and scritches to the Moosebaby too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home